Position Title: Production Control Clerk
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Location: McAllen, TX
Summary of the Job
Set up, test, adjust and maintain industrial machinery or equipment at entry level, using any combination of electrical, electronics, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or computer technologies.
- Install new equipment. Set up, test, and adjust manufacturing machinery or equipment, using any combination of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, PLC’s, VFD’s or motor controls. Assist in developing, building, or testing prototypes or new products, processes, or procedures. Control operation of equipment or systems. Maintain inventory of job materials.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment. Repair machines or systems using proper tools. Plan and lay out work on broken machinery and schedule repairs. Inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors, problems or defects.
- Set up and verify the functionality of safety equipment. Start up and shut down processing equipment. Watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machinery is working properly. Provide advice or training to machine operators.
- Provide information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, email, and or in person. Understand and fill out work orders, documents, purchase requests, operating procedures or manuals. Keep up to date reports. Keep informed regarding technology systems, and apply new knowledge when applicable.
- Practice personal safety and follow all area safety practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Safety Manager.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Must be able to work flexible rotating shift schedule every four (4) weeks.
- Comply with all company policies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on air compressors to detect and prevent problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist both Technician II and Technician III with any given tasks or assignments.
Is expected to work under close supervision related to specific work activities, assignments, and methods. Receives frequent communication in reference to job activities. Instructions are detailed and assignments are typically short-term.
Required Education / Experience
This position requires a high school diploma and a minimum of one (1) year of experience in equipment service industry or related field; or basic knowledge gained by equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training. Requires knowledge of industrial mechanic, hydraulic, pneumatic, boiler, and electrical processes. Requires knowledge and experience with high and low voltage, AC/DC drives, PLC/VFD controls, resolvers, sensors, stepper motors, and temperature controls. Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, relay logic, and electronic equipment is preferred.
Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a cooperative attitude. Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks. Must be reliable, respectful, responsible and dependable. Employee must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs. Employee must be able to work in a team environment. Must be able to work well under stressful conditions.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as standard math, concepts of basic algebra, and geometry.
Requires basic personal computer skills including e-mail and data entry.
Knowledge of the structure and content of the English and/or Spanish language. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. The ability to communicate information and ideas, in speaking, so others will understand. The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of managers or employees of organization. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Well-lighted, heated but not climate controlled indoor shop environment/production setting with adequate ventilation. The employee will work in extreme heat in the summer and cold in the winter. The employee may be exposed to dust particles and loud noise. The employee will be working around moving mechanical machinery.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job requires strenuous physical activity performing strenuous daily activities of a primarily production/technical nature. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to climb, stand, bend, lift and carry material up to 50 lbs. The employee must have manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers and perceive the attributes of objects and materials. The employee is required to quickly move hands, hands together with arms, or two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects. The employee must bend, stretch, twist, or reach with body, arms, and/or legs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, close vision, and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into focus.
Disclaimer: Although Fox Packaging has attempted to accurately and thoroughly describe this position, Fox Packaging reserves the right to change the same, including to change, add to or subtract from the duties outlined, within the sole discretion of Fox Packaging, at any time, with or without advance notice.